“Who knows what the world will be like in 2040?” For the 7th year, Focus 2040 has been providing a platform for creative minds from universities across Canada to answer this question. Real world wins include cash prizes of $3000, $2000, $1000 and the prestigious BPI internship in Paris.
Get to know the past winners who unlocked the future and the co-chairs who brought them together! Click on the winners and leaders to view their LinkedIn profiles.
1. Ashlyn Didero (McMaster University) and Stacy Drohomyrecky (McMaster University)
2. Faghya Shafiq (York University) and Abid Sharifi (York University)
3. Marla Grady (Saint Mary’s University) and Nicole Dube (Saint Mary’s University)
1. Matthew Armellin (McMaster University) and Nadine Shantz (McMaster University)
2. Naureen Qazi Mushifique (Lakehead University)
3. Mikael Castaldo (University of Toronto Scarborough) and Joseph Lundy (University of Waterloo)
BPI: Bariha Batool (McMaster University)
1. Mario Vasilescu (University of Ontario Institute of Technology) and Cindy Chan (University of Waterloo)
2. Lydia Wu (Queen’s University)
3. Tiffanie Lai (Simon Fraser University) and Amanda Feng (University of British Columbia)
BPI: Mario Vasilescu